People learn at their own pace. If your training does not provide adaptive learning, the slow learners will eventually "switch off" over frustration with the learning process.
Here are 10 reasons why personalized, adaptive reinforcement programs are beneficial to your training and learners:
1. Learning Becomes PurposefulWhen the course is organized in a modular fashion, learning is given a purpose.
3. Capacity to Learn is the FocusRather than focusing on the ability to "be taught," a personalized reinforcement course places the capacity to learn front and center.
reinforcement program allows learners to measure progress, track goals, and plan their day in an informed manner.
5. Self-Efficacy is ReinforcedWhen learners are provided a timeline to help structure their learning goals, self-efficacy is reinforced. This can result increased retention and a more positive attitude.
6. Learners Take OwnershipWhen the learner takes ownership for completing courses in a timely manner, they can choose where they may need to spend more or less time.
7. Decision Making is KeyLearners are encouraged to make responsible choices and "show up" for reinforcement learning.
9. Self-Management is EncouragedIncentivizing employees to consume reinforcement course material, self-management is encouraged.
10. Independent Learning Skills are FosteredThe natural outgrowth of this approach is more independent learning skills that will make your future training sessions more effective.
When done correctly, personalized learning can benefit the learner. Learn more about how to determine your reinforcement objectives in our step-by-step guide. Download the 10-Step Guide to Determine Your Reinforcement Objectives.